CEMASTEA Training Venues. The Centre for Mathematics, Science and Technology Education in Africa (CEMASTEA) will start training of Junior Secondary School (JSS) intern teachers tomorrow.
The four day training seeks to enhance the teachers’ Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK).
The county level training will be conducted for 4 days from Wednesday 13th to Saturday 16th December 2023.
Cemastea trained the first cohorts of JSS intern teachers in April and May this year. The training of the second cohorts will start tomorrow 13th December 2023.
Primary school headteachers who are also JSS acting Principals were asked to facilitate the teachers to attend the training.
The Commission also warned the intern teachers not to miss the training as this can lead to disciplinary action.
Below is a memo by Cemastea that was sent to County Directors to guide on how the training will be done.
To: All County Directors of Education Date 3rd November 2023
Centre for Mathematics, Science and Technology Education in Africa (CEMASTEA)
CEMASTEA Training Venues
RE: DECEMBER 2023 COUNTY LEVEL TRAINING OF JUNIOR SCHOOL MATHEMATICS AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE TEACHERS ON PEDAGOGICAL CONTENT KNOWLEDGE
CEMASTEA will train the newly recruited Junior School (JS) teachers assigned to teach Mathematics and Integrated Science.
The training will seek to enhance the teachers’ Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK). The county level training will be conducted for 4 days from Wednesday 13th to Saturday 16th December 2023.
The purpose of this letter therefore is to ask the CTCDC to:
1) Invite the JS teachers to participate in the training on the said dates. See Annex 1 for the distribution of teachers, centres, and trainers.
2) Ensure that only the newly recruited JS teachers assigned to teach Mathematics and Integrated Science are invited.
The JS teachers that participated in the April/May 2023 are not eligible.
3) Ensure that the teachers being invited are distributed across the two subject clusters of Mathematics and Integrated Science as in Annex I.
4) Ensure that the INSET centre(s) hosting the training is/are ready for the training.
5) Purchase the required materials for the training as listed in Annex II, subject to the limit of the Approved Budget for December 2023 JS County INSET.
6) Pay each participant a Daily Allowance as per the Approved Budget for December 2023 JS County INSET to enable them to find their own accommodation close to the designated training venue.
7) Pay each participant a return transport allowance as per the Approved Budget for December 2023 JS County INSET
8) Incur all other expenses related to the training strictly in line with the Approved Budget for December 2023 JS County JNSET.
9) Ensure that officers assigned the role of coordination take full responsibility for managing attendance registers during training and compilation of lists of trainers
CEMASTEA Training Venues