KNEC Ends Replacement Of Lost KCSE/KCPE Certificates. The Kenya National examinations Council(KNEC) has officially stopped replacement of certificates that were burnt, misplaced or damaged.
However, an alternative solution has been provided. Instead, a certification letter will now henceforth be issued by the body as prove that the candidate sat for the papers.
Henceforth, for those whose certificates got damaged need to worry less as a certification letter will be issued once requested for.
Initially, the process and procedure of replacing lost KCPE and KCSE certificate was tedious and tiresome. This led several candidates who had lost their certificates giving up.
Sometimes, the exam body could decline some requests, others could take long to be verified, and the cost of replacing could be an issue to many.
KNEC Ends Replacement Of Lost KCSE/KCPE Certificates
In this article, we shall clearly highlight on how candidates who lost or damaged their certificates can get a certification letter .Section 10(1)(d) of the Kenya National Exams Act states that KNEC will give a replacement or new certificate or diplomas to candidates upon confirmation of loss of the original.
KNEC has made the process of requesting for a replacement certificate easier and simpler. This can only be done in the official KNEC website. The certificates eligible for replacement are KCPE, KCSE or any other certificate that was strictly issued by KNEC.
- Log in to the official KNEC portal and search on lost certificates
- Complete all the steps and attach necessary papers required
- Upon expiry of 15 days, submit payment of the required amounts and collect the certification letter in person at the KNEC headquarters
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR REPLACEMENT OF THE CERTIFICATE
- Provision of an affidavit of the lost certificate
- Provide copies of any other certificate or result slips. 2013 result slip is the only one allowed.
- Incase of private candidates or closed schools, recommendation letter from the headteacher or sub county director of education is mandatory
- Legal police abstract indicating the certificates have bee lost
- Clear copy of your National Identification Card or passport
- Clear original birth certificate for minors, with parent’s or guardians original ID
- Proper confirmation of applicant’s identification issued by Registrar of persons
- Original marriage certificate incase name has changed
- One passport size, clearly colored photo of the applicant